Dj Duma - Lost In My Mind EP [Insomniafm Records]

Eres Dj y/o productor? publica aqui tus nuevos sets y tracks
Giuli
Contactar:

Dj Duma - Lost In My Mind EP [Insomniafm Records]

Mensaje por Giuli »

Imagen

Dj Duma - Lost In My Mind EP

The "Lost In My Mind" EP from Dj Duma succeeds by nailing the details, the cool mid-phrase shuffle shared by kick and clap, the lovely expressiveness of the bassline, the surprisingly economical arrangement. The original mix saunter, but it's too warm to really sass, instead, its serene tempo invites you in for a bear hug, or at least a slow dance.

John Ov3rblast and Franzis-D remixes are really in the business of blowing the floor out from under the genre, despite their productions finding their way onto bass-related underrated endeavor, the sheer quality of these productions should be enough to start turning heads.

Abraham remix opens with a low drone, a swirl of voices and a crackle suggesting boots in snow, the first kick drum drops, making it the perfect mixtape opener, it grinds ahead like some fusion, improbably, a buzzing chord progression takes you to another level. DistantVibes puffs itself out much like the title cut, though its purposeful bass bounce keeps it pinned to the earth, likely has much of his production career in front of him, and while the EP leaves him with a pretty open road, he certainly sounds like he's got enough passion to keep his engine running.

Burak Yildirim feels rather weighted down by itself, its dub chords perfectly wispy on their own but a little oppressive as wave after wave of them fill in every conceivable open space. From here, things get markedly better. "Lost In My Mind" gives us a good deal more breathing room, letting its humbly plaintive melody sing out even when its chunky percussion is at its thickest.

Listen: here

Tracklist:
01.Lost In My Mind (Original Mix)
02.Lost In My Mind (John Ov3rblast Remix)
03.Lost In My Mind (Franzis-D Remix)
04.Lost In My Mind (Abraham Remix)
05.Lost In My Mind (DistantVibes Remix)
06.Lost In My Mind (Burak Yildirim Remix)

Label: Insomniafm Records
Cat: IFMR041
Release: December 30th 2011
Style: Progressive House
Responder